Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My new place in Melbourne

I'm glad to be back in Melbourne. It's great weather--sunny, warm and beautiful. Moved into my new place on Monday. I'm housemates with Iylia, who has all the furniture it's awesome. I love this place!!! But my room was empty so we went to Ikea to buy some furniture. Lots of the things we wanted were out of stock but we made do with what was left.


My empty room. It's carpeted
Large built-in wardrobe

We wanted to bring the things home in a cab, but alas, the single bed wouldn't fit. So we had it delivered. That night I slept on the pull out couch, and Iylia had spare comforter and pillows. It was actually very comfy sleeping in the living room! haha.

Very early Tuesday morning, the furniture arrived

Boxes of furniture requiring assembling

Just 3 hours later, an empty room was transformed!

A bed, table, shelf and table lamp. The bed was kinda heavy, and I had trouble fitting the beam tightly into the headboard and tailboard. So I decided to hammer it. I held a sock with my left hand to hammer on it so I don't destroy the bed frame. But due to my sleepiness, I accidentally hammered my finger! Haha it was super painful!! It was slightly swollen and the nail's kinda discoloured.


Tuesday evening Iylia and I had dinner at Lazzat. Delicious. Anyway so we headed to his storage cage in QV to pick up my things. We were debating between taking empty suitcases along to pack the stuff in, taking a cab or making 2 trips.

BUT...we found 2 dented/broken abandoned Safeway trolleys in front of our place. So Iylia suggested we push those to load our stuff. It was damn funny, coz we were pushing empty broken trolleys down the street (10min walk). Iylia was nice enough to let me have the less broken one while he pushed the one without the hand-bar and broken rear panel. hahaha.

We got into QV carpark, ran and slid around in the trolley and got to the cage where we loaded all my boxes of stuff. It was perfect! But we looked so stupid and I was laughing hysterically.
My trolley loaded with boxes, a shoe rack which I hooked onto the outside of the trolley, and tried to pull the luggage bag.

Iylia hugging his broken trolley

The trolleys were v difficult to push uphill, and on unlevel broken pavement. Iylia kindly helped me pull the big luggage while I struggled to push the trolley straight. Then near our place, a young Japanese guy saw me struggling with the trolley and ran over to help. He said I looked very funny pushing it. Iylia single-handedly pushed and pulled both things and got to the gate quicker than me and Jap guy. haha. Hats off to you, Iylia.

Got home and unpacked all my stuff. They were kinda dusty. Anyway, so here's my room now:



Some photos of my house:

The living room: flat screen TV, DVD player, PS3?, Iylia's DVD collection, coffee table, couch and a plant.
The main door, and our shoe racks. The door on the right (with the blinds) opens to a balcony.
The dining area and our bikesThe corridor to our rooms and the toilet, and the kitchen
Fully equipped kitchen!

The toilet is huge:Our own washer and dryer!

There's a bathtub and seperate toilet bowl area too. haha.
I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!

i went for training today. Hills totally killed me but I am SOOOoooooooooo happy to see my MUAC teammates again! And Tony too! YAY =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home