Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Great Train Race


Cycled to Liam's studio this morn with Iylia to catch the coach to the Yarra Ranges for the 26th Great Train Race. We race against 2 trains--locomotive G42s, Puffing Billy's "big brother". Old steam trains. The race is 13.2km on road/trail, and we pass the train tracks 4times during the race.

Oh oh, it's near where we cycled My Dandenong and the Yarra Ranges the last time. I remember why i was cursing those hills. There's barely a race there that's not FRIGGIN hilly my legs wanna fall off.


Course map.

It was really hard! The start was not that bad, undulating. Until we reached the BIG HILL! we climbed like 100m vertical distance! It took me like maybe 10mins to get to the top. Then the down hill was even worse. It was friggin steep I thought i might just roll down.


Anyways it was soooo crowded! There were 3000 over ppl on a single lane (or narrower) path. Not much space so i din get to go too quick. Anyway after 3plus km, i got stopped a minute at the train track. I was a lil too late! The train was about to pass. They say if u miss the train at the first track u're done for. But that was the guys' train.

Post race, super cold. everyone was limping around like they've just run a marathon. The hills were lethal. Btw, the oldest runner was a 79year old guy: "just a training run for the Great Ocean Road marathon". The GOR marathon is sth like 45km, really hilly as well.

We drove to Flippant Pancakes for our post-race brunch. OOOH YUMMY! Except it was so crowded the food took 45mins to come?!?! But it looked amazing man. Blueberry stacks, crepes...


I had a 3 stack with maple syrup and ice cream. delicious. some yummy dessert in a long long time! A sad thing the pancakes weren't big at all. kinda small actually, but yummy nonetheless. Hamish had a 6stack! It wasn't on the menu (up to 4 stack). haha. His took even longer to come--they prob had trouble stacking the 6 pancakes without it toppling. haha.

Yup, very sleepy now. only had 4 hrs of slp last nite. ask me why i did such a stupid thing before a race.

Oh oh, a photographer took a photo of Sophie and me post race for the papers. Maybe we'll come out on papers. haha. but darn, i think i looked so ugly. Coz my eyes were too puffy. Which reminds me, yesterday was my first anniversary with Clement. But i spent the whole day in bed n wandaring ard, sitting at the park like some weirdo loner. Swallowed down some dinner and some panadol for supper. My whole head was hurting so damn terribly. My eyes felt like they were exploding, my nose hurt, the sides of my nose hurt, my jaw hurt, my teeth hurt, my forehead hurt. Please remind me, not to ever cry again. It's just self-torture.

I'm unwanted. Coz i'm demanding, impatient, oversensitive, insecure, neurotic, depressed, irritating and problematic. On top of that, i'm incapable of a normal conversation. But i try to be nice and sweet like how girlfriends shd be--I know i'm terrible at it. I think i'm also cheerful and animated and I don't take up much space.

I try to smile when i'm upset, smile when you shout at me, smile and say it's ok when you say you're sorry. I'm sorry i'm not a terribly good actress n tt irritates you.

I'm sorry i feel depressed sometimes. I'm sorry i fall sick and feel lousy. I'm sorry i cry sometimes. I'm sorry i'm not that perfect-all-smiles-problem-free girl you call when you're lonely and neglect when you're busy.

i'm sorry i'm still here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home