Saturday, April 14, 2007

loneliness.

For once in 4 weeks, I came home to a very empty apartment.

It looks so bare--your bike's supposed to be against the wall and where are your bags? Your clothes were strewn on the floor and your things cluttering my table. It sounds so quiet--i miss hearing your voice and your loud energetic singing. It feels cold--you always hug me when i'm cold. How come I don't get a hug and a kiss when I step in? At least your scent lingers faintly.

I was walking home and I realised we've walked up Bouverie street thrice today. once to go to town, and back home, then to carry your bags to the main road. This time, why am i walking up the street alone? Weren't we just holding hands walking down a few hours ago?

I came home and searched the place, looking for you. Looking for anything you might've left behind that i could hold on to. Your singing of "Funkytown" was playing over and over in my head, and I could picture you disco dancing across the room.

I miss you.

I'm trying to keep my eyes on my work and not look around the room. It feels empty and makes me feel lonely. Somethings's missing. you're missing.

I'm so used to having you ard. Someone to take out the trash, pick up my mail, carry the groceries. Someone to eat with, watch movies with, talk to. Someone to remind me to drink water, wake me up, wash the dishes. Someone to cook for, go home to and laze ard with.

I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home