Saturday, March 17, 2007

26 hours to go!

I've been spring cleaning these few days coz CLEM IS ARRIVING!!! it's down to an hourly countdown! 26 hours...Anyway, in my desperation for 1 dollar coins to do a tonne of laundry, i went to 7eleven and bought my dinner-microwave noodles, 98% fat-free. Well it tasted alright, like egg noodle in kimball chilli sauce.





NOTE: don't EVER handwash any piece of garment larger than a small t-shirt. I tried handwashing my comforter cover and pillow cases coz they're dark green and the colour will run. but it was so damn difficult! The basin was barely big enuf and my sinks are not big enuf to fill the basin...what a pain. anyway it's clean and hanging to dry.

Also, I think I have a DISORDER. I hate taking out rubbish or cleaning/washing. I feel like it makes my hands and face dirty, and I have to wash them several times and not touch my face or hair after that. So i bought colourful disposable latex gloves. I was considering face masks too. haha. Blue disposable paper towels so i don't have to keep dirty things in my house. I actually wonder why they dun get disposable toiletbowl brushes.



And i cleaned the toilet and kitchen area with Dettol but aired the room so i dun mistake my house for a hospital.

Anyway, today i went to walk around town. There was some protests outside the State Library (again). It was about an "Iraq for Iraqis" and sth about George Bush and John Howard (Aust's PM whom everyone seems to hate). and maybe some petition signing to reject the G20 legislation to make protests illegal. I think peaceful protests should be allowed, it's democratic and it gives both people and horses jobs.

As of now, peaceful protests are legal, and police don't try to disperse them. They just guard. There were groups of police with batons on the street.

Police on horses watching by the side of the road before the start of the protest.


Police cordening off the protest area. They were in a line in the middle of the road but when the tram came, the horses slowly trotted sideways to give way. It looked quite funny.


Not such a good idea...


Down at VicMart, there were several caricature/portraiture booths. Looks nice eh, unlike the scams in France. haha.

My house is so clean n nice =)

25.5 hours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home