Monday, March 12, 2007

Yesterday, Sunday, I rode with the Melb Uni Cycling Club. We did 100km to Frankston and back. Man, my riding is not bad. haha we started with about 20ppl and ended with only 6 of us. Everyone else turned off or got dropped. Ha! Last year I got dropped too. Anyway, I felt better than last time but my legs were tired. We took 2 few short breaks to pop our energy gels/go toilet/wait for those who dropped. So i whipped out my camera n took some shots. It was a gloomy and chilly day with strong winds.

Oh we saw ppl putting on their wetsuits getting ready for some 1200m Ocean Swim. It was cold and the sea was so choppy, must be tough. The new 2XU suit with the pink lines look good man! haha i was oogling at the hunks and sporty chicks in wetsuits. Guys generally look hot in wetsuits coz it shows off their muscular n tall sillhoute. Some of the girls looked fit and cool in the wetsuits, unlike me. dunno why I look like a seal. C'mon throw me a red ball n watch me spin it on my nose!

This is the seaside at the foot of Oliver's Peak in Frankston. Very shallow beach. You can see the waves breaking from a distance.




This is the pier at St Kilda, the end point of our ride.
These are not the nicest shots of the beach, just convenient ones at our pitstops.

Today is Labour Day, a public holiday but not for Melb Uni! -groans- Anyway, I did my first "CultureBlogging" post during my break today. Everyone enrolled in the module Contemporary Culture and the Media will have a personal blog on the Learning Management System. We have to do "CultureBlogging"--blog about ideas, concepts that we learn in the subject, throughout the semester. It's free and easy but conprises 30% of your final grade. I realised the subj is damn interesting, very open to debate, philosophical, contradictory and also very relevant. anyway, my post was entitled "photographic literature" when I haf time i'll link it to this blog. Anyway I some discussion/comments gg on n a very good comment from my tutor, who also blogs there. I feel so smart and insightful haha it is actually very fun and interactive.

Anyway I have alot of work to do in the next few weeks. 2 essays, a group presentation + write up, n a tutorial presentation. Clem's coming over soon so I frantically trying to get most of the work outta the way.

Today Nimo came to visit me. He's my ex-neighbour, moved to a different apartment. Anyway he came by to chat in the arvo then we all went out for dinner. Jazza, Terrence (new guy in the block), Shaun n Nimo. We had dinner at this Indian restaurant nearby. There's our dinner--butter chicken, Lamb Vindoloo and Spinach-cheese thing. Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home