Saturday, March 17, 2007

Yarra Ranges and Mt Dandenong

95km of F@#%KING hills! If i see another hill now, i'm gonna puke. rode with Melb Uni Cycling Club to The Yarra Ranges to climb Mount Dandenong. it was 35km from my place to the foot of the hill and damn, it was super hilly the whole way! Like 12 Mt Fabers in 35km. When we got there, it was 13km of climbing. 7km was gradual 5% nonstop climb, it was managable but LOOOONG. Then the next 6km had some steep sections. I just wanted to die man!

Abt 5km up, we saw 2 cars pulled over at the side. 2 ladies seemed to be making emergency phone calls and a guy was standing at the side looking v dazed, with blood streaks down his nose and head. After a while we saw an ambulance rushing down.

FINALLY after MUCH PAIN, we got to the top and was reqarded by an AWESOME VIEW. We climbed 400m up. Actually we prob climbed more overall. Anyway we could make out Melb city in the distance. Very faint highrise buildings. Also, it was VERY COLD. My fingers and feet were numb.

View from the top.




On the way down it was FREEZING! I was chattering and my arms were shivering! Anyway,we were stopped coz some police were directing traffic. 2 police cars and a crane were at the side of the road where the bloodied guy was seen earlier. I'm guessing his car flew off the edge of the mountain and they had to use a crane it lift it back up. I hope there werent other people trapped in the car...scary...



Anyway, it was a TOUGH ride back. I got dropped but i din care, i was already v tired n hungry. I wanted to scream coz there were uphills like every kilometre. All you seeare long steep uphills in front of you.

Selerang is peas, Mt Faber is peanuts. Some of the ppl were saying our climbs today is not v tough, there are some mountains which are like 20-35km of raw climbing. insane. or maybe i am a weak faggot.

Anyway, I changed my bike handle bar tape to a RED one, and changed my rear tyre and tube. Dunno why my previous tyres were super fat. good for trg bad for racing. Anyway i washed my bike too. It looks super nice and new now!

Ok, my room is in perfect condition now. haha Clem's coming in 7 hrs!!! whee!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home