Saturday, May 12, 2007

Decided to ride on Sat morn with the massive pelaton that starts from Cafe Racer at 7am.

I had to leave the house to ride down at 6.20am?!?! I thought it wasnt that cold and it'd warm up when the sun rises so i put on a running singlet under my cycling jersey and armwarmers and headed out. The moment i stepped out, i knew my choice of clothes wasnt very smart. But anyway i cycled 100m onto Bouverie St and damn, I wanted to go home!

It was friggin foggy and cold, like 5deg! There was a heavy fog so visibility was down to like 100m. The air was so freezing cold i was shivering! The winds blowing onto me when riding made my ears hurt, fingers hurt(tho i was wearing full finger gloves), nose run and frozen, cheeks ice up, arms sooooooooooooooo cold. I was imagining i was cycling while it was snowing coz it looked kinda like that. Translucent whitish air.

Yup, so i got down to Cafe Racer and when we started, the pack was insanely fast. Speeding down beach rd at 45kmh, including uphills. and they're so damn quick off the traffic lights. One moment it's 0kmh n in 5s accelerate to 45kmh. Anyway the pack broke and i was riding w a couple of ppl at the back then we followed another group of cyclists.

I just realised how many zillion cyclists there are on an early saturday morning. Some massive packs, some neat organised teams in matching jerseys.

In the end i rode 120km! After Oliver's Peak at Frankston we rode into some hilly place and i jsut wanted to go home but i didn't know the way! I promised myself earlier that i'd be home by 10am, nice and warm in bed. But i only got home at 11.30.

But that is good, since i signed up for Around the Bay in a day. 210km of riding, melb-queenscliff-sorrento-melb. Wille survived it last year so i guess i can do it too. haha.

I'm aching from exercises, squash and riding. Brains fried from too much essay writing and research. ahh help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home