Saturday, July 14, 2007

SEA Games Duathlon Trial

This morning was the duathlon (10km run, 40km bike, 5km run) final selection trial for the SEA Games.

The whole week I was feeling a lil unsure since I just recovered from a flu last week, heartrate was throught the roof earlier in the week. My left calf felt funny, I was a lil tired and muscles felt tight. Haha i'm not sure if these are all just psychological.

anyway, last night, I slept a grand total of about 45min. I was lying in bed restless from 10pm to 4am. Even got out of bed at 2.30, ate brekky and chatted with val for half an hour. My stomach felt a lil queasy and full of gas.

anyway when we got to coastal the trial was shifted to 7am coz it was too damn dark and the ambulance hadn't arrived. I felt good, legs good everything good except my stomach.

There were 5 guys and 4 girls competing in this closed trial. Jeanette, Bao Ying, Jina and me.

I felt really good during the race, especially the 10km run and bike. I'd planned my race pace but ended up running much faster than I'd planned at the beginning, but that was ok. My overall runs were faster than my planned pace--dont underestimate yourself.

My rough estimate is that i finished the 10km run abt 2min in front of the second placed girl.

Jumped on the bike and started ahead, rode the entire 40km on my own. The other girls did too so it's fair i guess. Well everything was going fabulously, I was feeling very happy and smiling all the way...until my left adductor started cramping.

ARGH! I had to slow down coz it was hurting quite terribly. Good thing it was the last 10km of the bike alr, and my legs still felt alive so I stood up and pedalled occassionally just to stretch out my legs a lil. Despite the cramp, I extended my lead on the bike.

Started the last 5km run and I was TIRED. It was quite warm also. It was a tough run.

Overall it was a very good race and I won by over 5mins.

I have to thank all the people who were out there cheering! It definately helped HEAPS!!! All the encouragement. Thank you my darling Clem who finally agreed to watch me race, and was constantly egging me on. I really appreciate it, it kept me pushing.

AHHH...time to eat and sleep and then enjoy a painful massage later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home