Sunday, June 24, 2007

When tragedy strikes

Rest in peace, Thaddeus.

I'm shell shocked, in complete disbelief. One moment you talk to him, you watch him race, the next moment, he's gone.

One moment ago I could just call out and talk to him, hear his voice.

I still have his number in my phone. What will i do with it now?

I stood stunned, unable to fanthom what it means. It can't be true. The haunting words playing over and over in my head: "Thaddeus passed away"

My illusion of invincibility and immortality was shattered. Replaced by mortality, finality, irreversibility.

People aren't supposed to die at this age. They aren't supposed to die for no reason.

The first thought in my mind was "why didn't the doctors save him?!" he was fine just minutes ago. JUST MINUTES AGO. he was so near, but now he's gone. vanished. even if you screamed on top of your lungs, and called every number in the directory, you can't talk to him, can't hear his voice, can't see him, can't touch him. He's gone.

I cannot imagine how his family's taking the sudden loss of their eldest son.

Rest in peace, Thaddeus. You held out till the end, you've completed your race. We will miss you, Thaddeus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home