Saturday, August 18, 2007

First 2 weeks in Melb

It's been 2 weeks now, pretty fast coz I've been drowning in work!! 2 essays, 2 lab reports and 2 presentations due soon. And i've never written lab reports before and have not done the Statistics module most would've done last semester. oh wells...Not to mention i missed 2 weeks of uni and have to catch up. sigh...

Training wise, it's been good. But picking it up gradually with 8 sessions a week last week n this week.

Last Sat evening I went to Jeremy and Terrance (my ex-neighbours)'s new place at Seasons, an apartment block just across the road. It was really nice, cozy, great view and made me feel like moving out. I'm a lil sian of staying alone coz it's scary, and i'm sick of my room. But anyways...Terrance's room wall was plastered with his gf's photos. He said he pasted them up himself. How sweet. If i didn't be thick-skinned n go to Clem's room and put my pictures up, there wouldn't be any.

Sunday arvo I had a lunch gathering at Jeremy and Terrance's place, coz Ven is leaving Aust for good and returning to M'sia. Terrnace and Victor cooked pasta, chicken and baked oreo cheesecake! Gosh! haha. Nadia made truffles which were really good, and brought more food. It was a feast of homecooked food! haha! There was one prob tho, they're mostly M'sians and I don't understand any Malay! haha.

I had a tiring day and late night on Monday 13/8/07 training and doing my assignments. But I didn't set my alarm on Tues morn since my first class was at noon. I slept like a pig and only woke up at 12.03 the next day!!! I was was totally stunned!!! Double checked the time on the clock, grabbed my books and ran all the way to school! I could not miss the class coz we had to hand in our tutorial work for grading!

On Wednesday 15/8/07, I saw LOTS OF NAKED PEOPLE. It's like last yr's NAKED PIRATES thing. In the morning when i just finished class at 10.30am, I saw a bunch of naked ppl running ard -- they must be cold! Then i went to the library to do some work and they ran in and hung around too! Then i noticed there were some girls, but mostly guys. Maybe they're playing a game. Anyway, when I went back for lecture at 4pm, they ran into the lect theater, round the stage and back up and out! I couldnt tell if they were the same bunch of naked ppl. What is this man, ANNUAL RUN AROUND NAKED DAY???!

I ran in the Yarra Bend Park 6km Cross Country Race yest arvo. It was fabulous!! Weather was warm and sunny, there were heaps of participants and supporters. We (MUAC) pitched a tent with picnic mats. I had a great race, finishing strong in 26.50. 1.5minutes faster than at Jells Park XC race 3+ months ago! haha. We had tea after the race, lots of yummy food. Met up with Sophie and Madeleine (who drove me there). Very good fun.

Last night I went to Tyler's party. Tyler's one of the guys who run with us. He's from the US, doing postgraduate at Melb Uni. His place was nice, there was finger food and drinks. I spoke to a girl who studied at Uni of Michigan, so it was really helpful for my exchange planning. Met some other really funny and interesting ppl as well...like a Japanese girl who kept asking Iylia and me to speak with a S'porean accent coz she likes how it sounds (?!?!?) Yup, and some of the MUAC guys were there too, so we had a very good time. Tom baked brownies for the party, on top of the choc muffins and anzac biscuits he baked for post-race tea.

Oh Iylia was telling me abt his date with this girl in the morning. They went for a bike ride down along the Yarra river (how romantic). He offered to bring sandwiches so they could have a picnic at Studley Park (so sweet). And the best part is, he slept only 4hrs the night before, woke up at 6am to MAKE THE SANDWICHES HIMSELF and wash the toilet coz he didn't want her to see the house in a messy state!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home