Sunday, August 26, 2007

My week out of my hermit crab shell

On wed evening i had a team dinner (MUAC) post training, at University Cafe/Restaurant. Had yummy Risotto Pescatore, lots of chatting, then gelato with Iylia. As we were walking back, we were shivering like crazy! esp me. My hand was shaking so violently i was gonna drop the ice cream cup n my voice was trembling uncontrollably. hahaha.

Anyway, went for a 60km ride on thurs since it was great weather--warm and sunny.

Friday was good too. I met Jansen for dinner.

Jansen

Iylia recommended a Thai restaurant at Chinatown. The food was good, ambience was really nice. There was a pianist playing pop/love songs on a grand piano. We left when he played Lips of an Angel by Hinder, very nice. We walked ard then went from Freddos ice cream to Koko Black to Brunetti's, where we finally found a place to sit. Our dessert!
Creme Caramel
Nutella cheesecake

I have been feeling piggish all week, terrible. haha.

Anyway it was good catching up. We chatted for like 4 over hours! Jansen said "Didn't I tell you you need a guy to settle you down?" he said that almost 4 years ago now, back when i was crazy and cynical. haha.

Sat i had a tough run training in the morn. I was feeling shit man, legs stiff but i tried to push it anyway, thinking of all the food i had the night b4. hahaha. post trg i had brekky with Iylia who told me that since coming back (3weeks), i have jumped from blissful down to the pits.

Yuppers. In the arvo Jansen called me to go play frisbee/soccer/touch rugby at Princes Park with his friends, so I went, tho i was v tired. It was a beautiful day to be out in the sun anyway. I ended up playing touch rugby n soccer with abt 15 other ppl for 2 over hrs. It was really great fun. And i realised my hand-eye and leg-eye coordination is not as bad as i thought! i scored a couple of goals man! haha.

It was v fun playing with his friends, they are fun and nice. But i think they think i'm a mad woman...so maybe i won't be invited back to play with them...

Anyway by the night, i was paying for the maddness on the field. I was starting to ache terribly. Esp my hip flexors, so much so that i cld barely lift my legs up to cross them or just to walk. i wld not even think abt walking up stairs.

Woke up early this morn to ride. I cld not get outta bed properly. i think every single muscle in my body has micro tears, i was hurting worse than i ever did in years! must be those dormant muscles rudely woken up during the games yest. Still, i limped to get changed and met the uni group for a 100km ride to Frankston. It was shitting cold, drizzling and sleepy. I was surprised I cld even pedal! haha. it was an enjoyable ride nonetheless n the weather cleared up.

Got home, limped ard the whole day. My hip flexors, mid and lower back n sides are the worst hit areas man. I had dinner with Jeremy and then went for more dessert. Can't help it la, it's the 100k. hahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home