Saturday, September 08, 2007

Burnley Half Marathon 2007

I was really looking forward to this 21km race since it was the first race I ran last year, 2 months after I got to Melbourne. I ran a 1.43.45 last year and I was really happy about it. Last year it was 12-15deg drizzling and freezing, tho the weather warmed up during the race.

This year, it was bright, sunny and warm (18-22deg). And i ran a 1.37.15!!!!!!!! 6 and a half minutes faster than last year! That's incredible I must say. I was feeling good at the start, running the first 12km with Hollie then I caught up with Alison and ran with her for a few k's. I kept a consistent pace, between 4.30-4.40/km. First 10km was 45.50 and last 10km 46.50.

The last 4km was tough, and I had a big painful blister on the underside of my right foot. The course was undulating, with 2 hills per loop (3.5 loops). It was an Athletics Victoria Winter Series race and many of Aust's big names were there. Lee Troop (yes, that's his name), former Olympic Marathon runner (who consistently wins every race from 10-42km) was there and he lapped me after just 2 loops...haha these guys are amazing, think the top few guys ran 65 or 66min!!!

Anyway, it was a great run. And we had potluck brunch at Alison's place after the race, which is always nice. Some of them brought their partners/family along so it's great fun. Tony's son, Simon is so funny and cute. haha.

I'm feeling very happy now. I just printed out all my 4 assignments due tmr. Yippee! no more looking thru them. enough. Now the only missing piece is my airticket home on the 14th!! argh, i'm on the waiting list to fly back to Singapore 14-29 Sept, coz I will be racing the Hong Kong International ITU Triathlon at Plover Cove, HK on 23 Sept. I'm really looking forward to it! Yippee, a half marathon PB + finished assignments+ hols soon...mmmmm =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home