Sunday, October 14, 2007

GUESS WHO I BUMPED INTO TODAY?!?!

YUHUI! My best friend in primary school! I bumped into her outside Safeway supermarket. I was on a mission to grab dinner at 5.30pm, after leaving Borders (near Safeway). Then i walked passed someone whom I thought was Yuhui. But i shrugged it off. 2 seconds later, she tapped my shoulder. HA! impossible!

She's been studying Performing Arts at Monash for 2 years now. We didn't get to chat much as she was on her way to the supermarket with a friend. Apparantly she just told her friend she hasn't kept in contact with val or me. I got her number tho, we have to catch up! It's been so many years since we last met, usually at inter-school events. I still have a small photo of us displayed in my room in S'pore, taken at the playground near her house where we used to play after exams.

On top of that little surprise, Clem msged me today, and I called him later in the arvo. Things are looking good, the way I like it =)

And on top of that, I had a pretty good tough ride down to Frankston this morn. 95km. For some reason (probably coz John wasn't around), the pack started hammering it on the way to Mordi. My fatigued legs were struggling on each uphill! haha. Most of them turned at Mordi (coz John wasn't around), while 5 of us continued on to Frankston.

The way back was tough. I'm not sure if it was the unrelenting 50km of headwind or my million layers of clothing on a warm 24deg day or the lack of ingested calories or yesterday's intervals, but I was feeling the pain. haha ok, it wasn't that bad.

Rushed home to check the results of the Kona Ironman World Champs. It was really weird. Many of the pre-race favourites DNF! Including Norman Stadler, Michellie Jones, Natascha Badmann. Macca won--it's high time you won, after all that arrongant shit you've been sprouting the past many years. Craig Alexander, my race favourite came in 2nd! Yay! In the female's race, some unknown Great Britan girl won--Chrissie Wellington. Sam McGlone came in 2nd--her first ever ironman!

Short course athletes with the speed and intensity do amazingly well in long course, often beating the veteran and long-course-only athletes. Don't you just hate their talent! haha. I noticed many of the pro Ironman athetes are in their late 30s into their 40s!


There's an article entitled "The Perfect Pair" in Nov's Triathlete Magazine. It's about Emma Snowsill and her partner Craig Walton. It is very similar to Clem and me! Except the triple world champion part, and the Commonwealth Games gold medalist bit, and the Olympian part, and the "most revered non drafting athlete of the past decade" bit.

Other than those bits...

"At a glance they pose a striking couple" (Yes) "He is thoughtful and intense (?) while she is a petite blonde (Asian) with a penchant for mischievous fun" (Yes) "And this glamorous couple (definately) forms the perfect partnership" (Of coz)

"We try to do as many sessions as we can together and fit our programs in as much as we can, even if we just start and finish together and do our own efforts individually." (Yes!)

haha ok enough nonsense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home