Saturday, October 13, 2007

most improved female athlete

Another fantastic week of trg! I'm pleasantly surprised and very happy with my run times! haha. we ran 1000 reps on Wednesday, and I ran consistent times averaging 3.52 each. Ran 400 reps this morn, and I had to double check my watch times--consistent 85s each?! And i was feeling strong! Fabulous fabulous, and the weather's getting warmer, 20+deg days. Love it, tho I would like it even warmer, like 20-30deg! I can't stand the cold these days, not even mild cold and chilly breezes.

Today we, the melb uni athletics club, had our "End of cross-country start of track season bbq". It was good fun looking at photos, eating n chatting. I won the "most improved female athlete" award, one of the 4 serious awards. To be fair, if you were as slow as me to begin with, there's certainly lots of room to improve. haha. But that is definately good encouragement. The other serious awards were "Performance of the season", "Best fresher" and the most prestigious "Golden shoe award" (for accumulating the most points at winter series races).

I also won the "Flavour Flav prize for biggest watch relative to hand size" and "Hidden Triathlon Superstar". haha. Other crazy awards were like "Al Smith perpetual throphy for loudest cheering", "Brown bear prize for hibernating over winter", "William Webb Ellis prize for the only person still interested in the Rugby World Cup", "Maxwell smart prize for secret training that never stays secret", "Dave Ulbrick shield for not doing anything embarrassing", "The Tony Brain Prize for regularly embarrassing himself" and "The Hamburgular Award for best grimace at the end of a race". haha! and lots of other customised silly awards for everyone!

Iylia is really nice, he called me just now at dinner time n asked if he could come up to my place. He said he got me something to cheer me up--a tub of cookies and cream ice cream!! Which we ate 1/2 of, straight outta the tub. I told him this arvo about the past few days, how I've been oscillating between feeling numb and devastated, and unable to eat, so he decided to bring me some comfort food. That's really sweet, thanks Iylia!

Things seem better now, but it's all so uncertain. I feel detached and confused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home