Friday, October 26, 2007

Horror of horrors! My hunch that intense, prolonged heartache strains the heart, is in fact backed by scientific evidence!

Just now, while flipping through the lastest issue of Runner's World at Borders, I came across an article which said that "severe emotional stress may have dangerous, even deadly consequences according to the American Journal of Applied Psychology. The effects include IRREGULAR HEARTBEAT, restriction of coronary blood flow (something like that) and left ventricular dysfuction."

Therefore, I can conclude with reasonable evidence that...I'm on my way to becoming a psychologist. hahaha.

Rolled outta bed this morn for swim squad at 6.30am. As usual, I was inappropriately dressed. I stepped outta the house in sweat pants, tee, hoodie, winter overcoat, scarf, socks and Crocs to find that there were people walking around in tee shirt and jeans! After 10min of brisk walking to the pool, I was kinda sweating. haha.

It wasn't actually warm, just not cold enough to warrant Eskimo-style fashion. Summer has suddenly disappeared this week. Temperatures went up to the 30s on Sunday, then dipped to 10-15deg this week with dark clouds and rain! But, it's supposed to rise to the 30s again tmr.

The start of the swim session felt terrible! I was feeling sleepy, stiff and sluggish, and hadn't eaten brekky. But I felt better as the session progressed. We finished with a 400m time trial. Surprise! I swam a PB of 5.39. haha! I probably can manage a faster time but it was wayy better than my my target time of 5.50! Oh oh, the water temperature was 29.1deg, 2-3deg warmer than usual, and some of the guys were complaining. But not me, I love heat. I can't stand the cold these days--gimme 30deg days!

Anyway, I treated myself to 2 muffins and a tall skinny chai latte (like I do most mornings), followed by a nice long nap! haha. Woke up, chatted with Clem online =) then worked on my assignment.

Went for a 40min recovery jog in the evening followed by some hardcore stretching. Prepping my legs for tomorrow's 5000m track race. OOOHHH I'm excited! haha I've never run a 5000m track race before. I've done a couple of 5k time trials on the track and that's it.

Ok back to studying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home