Friday, October 19, 2007

Jayco Herald Sun Tour Stage 6 - Individual TT

Grabbed a mango smoothie and a pide and went to Alexander Gardens to watch the 8.6km Individual TT penultimate stage of the Jayco Herald Sun Tour. Also, to check out the GO Bike Expo to exchange the jersey for Clem--but alas! I could not find the BV tent!

Anyway, it was cool, like the TdF except fewer people n media. Mainly Aust teams, tho there was one Japanese team. Team Astana was there too. I thought they'd shut down. Anyway, I got to watch Stuart O'Grady ride to a 2nd best time of the day. Amazing considering how badly injured he was at the TdF just 3 months ago.
A team's base under a tree--mechanic performing a bike check.

Team Astana rider in the starting chute

The beep goes off!

The finish line

The GO Bike Expo didn't feature too many bikes, it was more like a cycling accessory garage sale. They sold 2nd hand items like gloves, arm warmers, jersys and even skins. There were new stuff as well, sold cheap. The booths were set up by the different teams.

Unfortunately I had to leave early no thanks to a bad bout of diarrhea since yesterday. I have no idea why. Oh on top of tt, the skin on my feet is dry, flaky and peeling! Disastrous, had to vacuum the carpet yesterday.

Weather today is warm! mid to high 20s (hellooo flies!). Tmr, when I'm riding the 210km Around the Bay in a Day, it would be 31deg!!! Oh wells, I'm not complaining, i prefer the heat to the cold.

Fabulous week of training again, several solid run sessions. Managed to improve on previous times, especially on Wed's hills where I slashed 4s off each rep from last week. Did a hard 50km bike ride on Thurs down Canterbury Rd towards Mt D. Super hilly and super strong gusts of wind.

I was really struggling through this morn's interval session, but Tony said I coped well despite 3 big weeks of training, which would end with a 220+km ride tmr. I was in pain and pushing it right from the first 400m rep, but still managed to hold decent times. Had brekky at Thresho's with Sophie and Bry after training, which was very enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home