Thursday, November 15, 2007

I went to the poast office and picked up a missed delievery today after swim squad. I was certain it was my medal for my 3rd place at the Tri Series race, sent by Start to Finish. But no, it was a big envelop from IBC Singapore!


Hmmm...what can it be?
OOOOOOOoooooooooohhhh yum!
Apparantly IBC sent gifts from S'pore to its overseas students so they don't feel homesick? And feel remembered by the church. It was a really sweet gesture! I've been wondering how they got my address. The few times I've been to the church were about 3 years ago...my family attends IBC though...I love dried mangoes! I think I will bring it to training next week and let the Aussies try it. haha.

Speaking of church...I've been attending St Judes Church here for the past few Sundays. They have an evening service for young adults--perfect! Yuhui invited me to the church and I've been going back ever since. It's good. It's an Anglican church but the young adults' service is contemporary.

Woke up this morn and I dreamt that it was pouring, storming, raining cats and dogs--the perfect justification for sleeping in. But no, of coz not, it was beautiful sunny and warm weather, like it has been most days. I reckon now it's warmer here than in S'pore, just much less humid. Makes my acclimatisation easier when I go home in just 6 days!!

We did some speedwork at swim squad this morning, and it was surprisingly fun and lively. Some competition between Ian and me on the 100s and 50s! haha. I used to beat Ian at sprints (he's an Ironman) but he's improved trememdously in the past few months, and I've lost to him quite a few times. haha. So this morning the heat was on, spurring me on despite my sore and weak muscles from massage yesterday evening. Not wanting to dissapoint George who had his bets on me, I sprinted to 1.13 and 32.6s in last 100m and 50m sprints (push off from wall)! Fastest I've clocked in a long long time! Fabulous!!

Yesterday I did some tough intervals on my bike trainer; ride till you get a stomachache and can't feel your legs anymore tough. haha. Not that I could feel my legs after Tues' "EASY SPIN" with Wille down to Black Rock. It was 50km of pain. Strong headwind going out, and I was just dying to keep on Wille's wheel--so much for the "just getting over the flu" and "easy spinning", Wille!! Or maybe you're just a monster on the bike. Haha but it was good, I certainly needed some race paced (and above) riding.

I think there is something wrong with my bottom bracket or pedals or sth around there. There's been a loud clicking/ticking/straining sound everytime I ride. Time for a bike tune up, change of handlebar tape, cleats, chain, new Sidi T2 bike shoes, and my Zipps! Train in the worst conditions, race in the best.

Held up well during the run training on Wed at Princes Park!! UGH! Trying to run fast on the loose sand/gravel path is really a bitch. But once again, training in tough conditions makes you stronger, and makes everything easier on race day.

Time for a piggy nap before my long run later. And I'm waiting for Tony to reply my email as to whether I should do an 800m or 1500m track race tomorrow arvo, before the Gatorade Sprint Tri on Sunday morn. Oh, Liam lent me his gf's new 2XU wetsuit for this Sunday's race--not sure I want to look so pro...haha. It's sleeveless though, would feel more natural swimming if my arms don't freeze and fall off. haha. I bought them (Liam, Ren and Sharon) small pretty truffle boxes from Haigh's Chocolatier in the city as thank you gifts for helping me out with the wetsuit. It feels good doing nice things for others, especially when you had to walk for 3 hrs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home