Thursday, November 08, 2007

i'll live in a cardboard box at the street corner

househunting is killing me! I'd definately rather study than house hunt!! The problem is compounded by the fact tt i only need a 4-6mth lease of a studio/1 bedroom apartment. And I need it fully furnished as I do not want to buy furniture and have to find storage for it when i leave. Most single housing are expensive! and they offer only a minimum 12 mth lease. Problems problems.

I checked out a room at Exhibition Mews on Rathdown Street yest. Just behind Iylia's place! It looked fabulous from outside! Great scenic and peaceful location between uni, lygon st n the city. Rent's within my budget, studio...sounds perfect...except, it is unfurnished and small and old inside. The kitchenette area is abt half the size of my current one...and it was dark with dull dirty green carpet and walls inside...UGH! and they were for immediate lease...i only need a place in march next yr!

Shd i just put off searching till feb/march next year? hmm...then i might really have to live in a cardboard box at the street corner. Perhaps I could bring a tent and sleeping bag from S'pore...??

Anyway, i just signed up for a sprint race down at Mordi for this Sunday! It's the first race of the Tri Series Triathlons! I havent figured how to get down there by 730am this sunday...riding 30km down before the race wld take as long as the race itself. But anyway Tony says to use this race as just a transition practice and I will still train on Saturday, especially since I have another sprint Gatorade Triathlon race next Sunday, and am currently in a state of fatigue. haha.

All races in Victoria are wetsuit races so Liam helped me borrow a wetsuit yesterday. I tried it out drg the warm up at swim squad this morning and it was...warm in the 27deg pool. haha. It was slightly big, but overall ok. i cld put it on and take off easily. I'm still pretty nervous about the 18 deg sea water tho. I will be frozen. Reminds me of a sprint race in Korea i did 3 years ago. The water was like 20 deg and they said no wetsuits...actually when we practiced with wetsuits it still felt bloody cold. Well an incentive to swim faster and get outta there! haha.

I feel self conscious in a wetsuit coz i know i look like a seal...During the warm up today we did some rotation kicks and I sure felt like a seal in the water! Seals like to turn round and round while they glide through the water. Hmm...what if on race day i struggle to take it off at transition, maybe lose my balance or sth...i might be mistaken for a fat seal squirming on land...or an overturned beetle fighting with its legs...gawd. I just hope no one steps on me or throws me a red ball. haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home