Thursday, December 06, 2007

Race Ready!

I haven't updated since returning from Melbourne coz I was busy running errands and preparing for THIS--the 24th Southeast Asian Games in Pattaya, Thailand. It will be my second SEAG! And the difference is, this time around, I am 7kg lighter, fitter, faster and stronger both mentally and physically.

Although Sunday's triathlon is a very an important race, it is afterall just another race. I've had countless running, duathlon and triathlon races along the way...but I'm absolutely positive Sunday's will be the best yet. I've enjoyed the journey thoroughly and any medal would just be a bonus.

I was looking forward to a short break from intense training after the SEAG, but after a week of tapering, I am feeling fresh and race hungry. Craving the adrenalin, the pain and the drive.

Yesterday down at the beach, I was taking a nice evening stroll, sipping a can of Coke Zero, reclining on a deckchair on the water's edge and admiring the beautiful sunset. At the same time doing a quick interview with the Team Singapore reporter. BUT, I didn't know it was to be an article on me! I thought it was merely for the triathlon team article which we are doing a photoshoot for later today! AHHHHHH....Ok, thanks Felix for writing a fine article. I look like a geek in the photo.

You can check out the article at:
http://www.teamsingapore.com.sg/publish/teamsingapore/en/games/sea/2007/news_features/news/2007/silently_confident.html

That aside, Mum, Bern, Rong and Bae just arriver this morn with our uber cool and high tech 2XU race suits! It's great to have family around--my own support crew and cheer squad! haha. The race suits fit us all perfectly and boy, do we look formidable. haha! Thanks for getting the suits for us Jerry!

Oh oh oh oh oh! I checked my this semester results last nite--STRAIGHT H1s...almost. haha! I got 3 first class honours and 1 upper second class honours, 79 marks--just 1 mark short of netting straight H1s for this semester--the entire year in fact. oh wells...it's still an 83, H1 average for the whole year, and for my entire 3 semesters at Melb Uni. I'm in a GOOOOOD MOOOOOD! haha.

I'm expecting race day to be windy, sunny and warm. Tough conditions but suits me just fine. When you've trained in scorching heat, freezing cold, typhoon, gale-force winds of up to 78kmh, steep mountains, endless hills, gravel and sand...you say, come what may! haha.

I'll put up some pictures soon.

We balloted for our race bib numbers today--i'm #16. I had no special number in mind--won't make a difference! haha.

Race gear's all in place, I'm pumped and race ready!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home